Fortinet, a cybersecurity firm headquartered in Sunnyvale, California develops and sells cybersecurity options, resembling bodily firewalls, antivirus software program, intrusion prevention techniques, and endpoint safety parts.
Not too long ago, the corporate has issued safety fixes for the a number of merchandise that have an effect on its varied endpoint safety merchandise.
Path Traversal Vulnerability
The issues that are rated excessive in severity embody Path traversal vulnerability tracked as (CVE-2022-30302) within the FortiDeceptor administration interface that permits a distant and authenticated attacker to retrieve and delete arbitrary recordsdata from the underlying filesystem by way of specifically crafted net requests.
The Fortinet advisory mentions the next affected merchandise:
- FortiDeceptor model 1.0.0 via 1.0.1
- FortiDeceptor model 1.1.0
- FortiDeceptor model 2.0.0
- FortiDeceptor model 2.1.0
- FortiDeceptor model 3.0.0 via 3.0.2
- FortiDeceptor model 3.1.0 via 3.1.1
- FortiDeceptor model 3.2.0 via 3.2.2
- FortiDeceptor model 3.3.0 via 3.3.2
- FortiDeceptor model 4.0.0 via 4.0.1
- FortiDeceptor model 4.1.0 or above
- FortiDeceptor model 4.0.2 or above
- FortiDeceptor model 3.3.3 or above
Privilege Escalation by way of Listing Traversal Assault
A excessive severity flaw was tracked as (CVE-2021-41031) in FortiClient (Home windows), which permits an area unprivileged attacker to escalate their privileges to SYSTEM by way of the named pipe accountable for FortiESNAC service.
The affected merchandise embody:
- FortiClientWindows model 7.0.0 via 7.0.2
- FortiClientWindows model 6.4.0 via 6.4.6
- FortiClientWindows model 6.2.0 via 6.2.9
- improve to FortiClientWindows model 7.0.3 or above
- improve to FortiClientWindows model 6.4.7 or above
Basic Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
A vulnerability tracked as (CVE-2021-43072), rated as excessive severity present in FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiOS, and FortiProxy. On the profitable exploitation, it permits an attacker to execute arbitrary code or command by way of crafted CLI ‘execute restore picture’ and ‘execute certificates distant’ operations with the TFTP protocol.
The Affected Merchandise embody:
- FortiManager model 5.6.0 via 5.6.11
- FortiManager model 6.0.0 via 6.0.11
- FortiManager model 6.2.0 via 6.2.9
- FortiManager model 6.4.0 via 6.4.7
- FortiManager model 7.0.0 via 7.0.2
- FortiAnalyzer model 5.6.0 via 5.6.11
- FortiAnalyzer model 6.0.0 via 6.0.11
- FortiAnalyzer model 6.2.0 via 6.2.9
- FortiAnalyzer model 6.4.0 via 6.4.7
- FortiAnalyzer model 7.0.0 via 7.0.2
- FortiOS model 6.0.0 via 6.0.14
- FortiOS model 6.2.0 via 6.2.10
- FortiOS model 6.4.0 via 6.4.8
- FortiOS model 7.0.0 via 7.0.5
- FortiProxy model 1.0.0 via 1.0.7
- FortiProxy model 1.1.0 via 1.1.6
- FortiProxy model 1.2.0 via 1.2.13
- FortiProxy model 2.0.0 via 2.0.8
- FortiProxy model 7.0.0 via 7.0.3
- improve to FortiManager model 7.0.3 or above
- improve to FortiManager model 6.4.8 or above
- improve to FortiAnalyzer model 7.0.3 or above
- improve to FortiAnalyzer model 6.4.8 or above
- improve to FortiProxy model 7.0.4 or above
- improve to FortiProxy model 2.0.9 or above
- improve to FortiOS model 7.2.0 or above
- improve to FortiOS model 7.0.6 or above
- improve to FortiOS model 6.4.9 or above
- improve to FortiOS model 6.2.11 or above
Unprotected MySQL root account
An empty password in configuration file vulnerability tracked as (CVE-2022-26117) rated excessive severity, via which an attacker may entry the MySQL databases by way of the command line interface.
The Affected Merchandise embody:
- FortiNAC model 8.3.7
- FortiNAC model 8.5.0 via 8.5.2
- FortiNAC model 8.5.4
- FortiNAC model 8.6.0
- FortiNAC model 8.6.2 via 8.6.5
- FortiNAC model 8.7.0 via 8.7.6
- FortiNAC model 8.8.0 via 8.8.11
- FortiNAC model 9.1.0 via 9.1.5
- FortiNAC model 9.2.0 via 9.2.3
- improve to FortiNAC model 9.2.4 or above
- Improve to FortiNAC model 9.1.6 or above.
Subsequently, Fortinet addressed as many as 4 high-severity vulnerabilities affecting FortiAnalyzer, FortiClient, FortiDeceptor, and FortiNAC.
You’ll be able to comply with us on Linkedin, Twitter, Fb for every day Cybersecurity and hacking information updates.